Fifth International Congress of the Society for Music Theory
April 2-4, 2024
Ural State Mussorgsky Conservatory (Yekaterinburg)
Music Theory Society
Ural State Mussorgsky Conservatory
Moscow State Tchaikovsky Conservatory
GENETIC COMMONITIES OF MUSIC THEORY: GENRE, STYLE, LANGUAGE IN THE DYNAMICS OF HISTORY
The stated topic is about the intended applications (and the concepts and terms corresponding to them) associated with the classifications that have developed in the science of music based on kinship for one or another result. Using the phrase "genetic communities", we thereby bring a certain common basis for such diverse phenomena as a musical genre, style and language. This series is necessarily open: it is also possible to talk about a company, attachment, etc. Revealing and clarifying signs of commonality (invariants) is one of the proposed tasks.
Reports can be devoted to any of the communities (genre, style, language), their connections, historical changes in their understanding, their fate in modern music.
Possible thematic areas:
- The problem of the invariant as a sign of genetic commonality
- Genre in various historical and cultural contexts
- The problem of genre and style in modern times
- Style - the genesis of the concept and musical reality
- The problem of the language of modern music
- Musical language and style
- Music as a language? – Languages of music
Proposals are accepted until Tuesday, February 20, 2024 at email@example.com
In the proposal, please indicate:
- surname, name and patronymic (if any);
- topic of the report;
- abstract (from150 to 200 words);
- your institutional affiliation or location;
- position, academic degree, academic title (if any);
- contacts: phone, e-mail address.
The registration fee for participation in the congress is 1500 rubles.
Members of the Music Theory Society, students and graduate students of music universities are exempt from paying the fee.